Monday, May 24, 2010

Graduation


A young friend of ours graduated from high school this weekend. She is a rather special person and an impressive athlete, so instead of the usual graduation gift, we decided to go for the pink kettlebell she's had her eye on. It's way too light for her, of course, but it's pink! And she can toss it around like a feather and impress the kids at college next fall. I wish her the best, and I'm sure she's going to do great and have lots of fun at college.

Today's WOD:

Deadlift 2-2-2-2

155-165-175-185#

then

3 rounds for time of:

10 pull-ups C2B
20 stick jumps 16"? (maybe less)
30 KB swings 16 kg

My time: 13:02. Very tired forearms, I'm not sure I can carry my coffee cup today. T-Rex arm syndrome. But I did get all the pull-ups C2B. The first round of them went super fast, the next two rounds, rather slow.

I'll finish the post with some more pics from the graduation party (all stolen from her mom's FB album):

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Your blog on Taylor was sweet. thanks again to you and Mike for coming and getting her that pink kettlebell. Loved the pictures as well. Also, you really kicked ass on that workout. Good for you. I really enjoyed watching Tim watch and coach you, it made me feel good. You know, he has high expectations for you, I think because he has a lot of faith in you. love you girl!