Monday, May 3, 2010

Front squats and birthday "cake"

Today's WOD:

Front Squat: 1-1-1-1-1

105-115-125-failed on 135

then 12-9-6 reps @ 66% of max (85#)

Didn't go great, but I'm trying to just go into workouts now with the focus on hard work (without injury or overtraining). I worked hard. So goal accomplished, end of story.

Regionals this weekend were amazing and inspirational. And a little sad because I couldn't be a part of it, but I was so proud of Greg and of our Affiliate Cup team. Everyone gave it their all and I was lucky to be there to cheer them on.

Yesterday was my birthday. You know that cake is not Paleo, and making exceptions and excuses does not make you stronger. Not to mention that any kind of cake would just make me sick at this point. So instead I whipped up some heavy cream with a little agave and ate it with some strawberries and blackberries. It was tasty!

No comments: