Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WOD: Running, KB snatch, and burpees

Today's WOD:

Back squat 2-2-2-2

125-130-135-140

then

3 rounds for time of:

Run 400
10 KB snatch each arm 24/16kg
10 burpees

My time: 12:06 as Rxd. Had to split the snatches into 5R-5L-5R-5L, but I was able to do the 16s. The first 400 felt fast, the other two felt fairly slow. Burpees were at a steady pace.

I also went to weightlifting last night and worked on snatch, 65-75#. Learned a neat trick about thinking about your wrists snapping back for the finish. Still struggling to keep accelerating the bar through the end of the pull, but making some progress.

I'm making lots of progress on my Icarus shawl. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture of it soon! It's a great pattern so far - interesting enough to keep me entertained, easy to see the pattern, and not hard to memorize. And I love how it looks in the semisolid red.

I haven't had any food posts lately because I've been fighting a cold and food just hasn't been that fun. It's starting to get warm finally, so I'm hoping to make Mike do a lot of cooking out on the grill. What's your favorite thing to grill? I'm a big fan of grilled fish, especially salmon. I like it way better on the grill than cooked any other way. I love grilled scallops too - hoping someday I can get Mike to like them!

Serious Links


Silly Links

No comments: