Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Early Morning Cindy

Today's WOD: Cindy

Max overhead walking plate lunge (5 steps): 35-45-55

then

AMRAP in 20:00 of:

5 pull-ups
10 push ups
15 squats

I got 16 rounds plus 5 pull-ups. Beat my previous best score of 15+2! Yippee! I did feel absolutely terrible afterward. Everyone else got up and put their stuff away and left and I was still lying on the floor moaning and waiting for the room to stop spinning. And then I had to remember how to walk to get across the room, which took a few minutes.

My Cindy history:
  1. October 31, 2008 13 rounds +5 with 2-band pull-ups and bad push-ups
  2. December 2, 2008 12 rounds with 2-band pull-ups
  3. April 14, 2009 13 rounds + 5 + 10 + 2 with 1-band pull-ups
  4. October 14, 2009: 15 rounds + 3 as Rxd
  5. April 28, 2010: 16 rounds + 5 as Rxd
Websites I found yesterday that make me wish I were fabulously wealthy (I do have an elegant, very rich alter ego named Penelope):
  • The Parker Palm Springs I want to stay here and lounge by the pool and drink cocktails and eat $20 eggs for breakfast. And play croquet, the only sport I'm good at.
  • Velocity Art and Design I just want to buy half their inventory. As Penelope, I want to buy houses all over the country, furnish them from DWR and decorate them from Velocity.
This bird sold at Velocity is named Joe. Like my little brother. Aww!

To look absolutely elegant as Penelope, I think I'll make and wear Cascata from the new Twist Collective:


A place to shop that is a little more on-budget: Angelfire Studios has a new online yarn shop with a very nice selection of stuff. Something to knit Cascata perhaps?

No comments: