Thursday, April 22, 2010

Creativity and inspiration

No WOD to post today, just doing weightlifting this evening. I needed some recovery time!

I have lots of fun stuff to share with you today. I've been trying to look for inspiration in my blog reading, try to bring out my creative side more. Mostly it's been thoughts and not action, but I'm hoping to have some more time/energy with the longer summer daylight hours to actually make some stuff and make creative spaces in my house as well. Will try to post about this process!

It's too easy, as a scientist and 40 hour a week sit at a desk type, to forget about the need for creativity and beauty. I've had those orange lilies sitting in a coffee mug on my desk the last couple days and just looking at them lifts my spirits. Remembering to put my headphones on and listen to some music does the same thing. So in that spirit, here is some creative inspiration, of the colorful kind:

A strip quilt via Whip Up


Feeling fancy in fushia from Oh Joy


Table vase via Ikea Hacker


Anthemion shawl from Knitty (and my favorite lace designer, Miriam Felton)


Beautiful photography from author and blogger Jane Brocket

1 comment:

Jane said...

Lovely - you lifted my spirts as well. I have always enjoyed the creative aspects of your personality - keep it up!