Monday, March 15, 2010

Workouts for Sectionals

The workouts are posted (here) for Sectionals:

WOD #1: "Row/Swing/Run"

Three rounds for time of:
Row 500m
21 Kettlebell swings, 32kg/20kg
Run 400m

WOD #2: "Snatch/Muscle-up"

In 12 minutes, reach a 1 rep max snatch
Add 2# bonus for each muscle-up completed in that time

At least I won't have to scale. But no one will, so there's no advantage. Won't get any muscle-ups unless some miracle happens this week. 80# snatch if it goes well. Probably will hit the time limit or get close to it on WOD#1 (guessing it will be 20 min). I hope I can swing 20 kg, haven't tried it yet. I just want to get it over with. But I'm excited for all the very talented and motivated athletes from Flatirons who will be competing. I hope that they all exceed their expectations.

Today's WOD:

Squat 2-2-2-2-2 at 115#

then

3 rounds for time (12:00 cutoff):

Row 21 calories
21 push jerks 55# (65# Rx'd)

My time: 11:49. Barely made the 12:00 cutoff. I tried to get a muscle-up, hoping for that miracle. No luck yet.

I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but I thought these knitted shamrocks from Vickie Howell were cute.

No comments: