Monday, March 29, 2010

WOD: Sprints and Cleans

Today's WOD:

Thrusters 3-3-3-3-3

65-70-75-80-85 (failed on 90#)

then

8 rounds for time of:

Sprint 150 meters
4 cleans 95# (120# Rxd)

My time: 13:20. My running is bad, just don't get much power. The cleans went reasonably well. 95# is pretty heavy for me. I think I did them faster in the last couple rounds, which means I had a bit of a mental block at the beginning. But I think I pushed through it pretty well. The thrusters were frustrating. I tried 90# twice and should have been able to get it but I couldn't get it over my head.

Saturday's Workout:

Run 1 mile
20 sandbag cleans 55#
40 KB swings 16 kg
20 thrusters 65#
30 pull-ups

AND...throughout the workout, every 2 minutes stop and do 5 burpees.

Took me about 30 minutes, I didn't catch my exact time. That was a grueling one! When Tim, Sid, and Brian came up with it, I got very worried that I would not be able to finish it. But not to worry, it did end eventually! With a nice sense of accomplishment.

Afterward I went to see Alice in Wonderland, my first movie in the theater in YEARS. It was totally worth it. Loved the story ever since I was little, loved Tim Burton's new interpretation, loved the casting, and especially loved Johnny Depp's latest Edward Scissorhands-type role as the Mad Hatter. Dark, scary, funny, and uplifting all at the same time!

I'm famous!

I made the Day 2 Mountain Sectionals video, posted on the main site (click on the link by Day 2 Highlights).

I have been doing a lot of knitting and not taking pictures of it. Finished my lace ribbon scarf but still need to block it, started the Icarus shawl (love it!) and started a pretty new pair of socks. To distract you from the lack of knitting photos, here is another snuggling bunny photo. Aww.

1 comment:

Rockin Chizel said...

nice job getting in the Vid. Just thought you should know that your local links on your page go to the "Strongman Equipment" video, not the video of you. Way to go still!!!