Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WOD: HSPU, box jumps, and SDHP

Today's WOD:

4 rounds for time of:

5 handstand push-ups
12 box jumps 20"
15 SDHP 55# (65# Rx'd)

My time: 8:56. The HSPU were not great range of motion, but the box jumps felt good. SDHP started good and went downhill. Still, a good sprint.

I'm starting to get a little more pumped up for Sectionals. Have had time to let the WODs sink in, got a chance to practice 20 kg swings, did a few snatches today and some rowing yesterday. Now it's time to taper!

Lierre Keith, the author of The Vegetarian Myth, the book I'm spotlighting over there on the right, was recently attacked at a speaking engagement. I wrote her an email of support, and outrage at her attackers, and told her how much her book meant to me. She responded within a day, with gratitude and a strong spirit for someone who has been through something so upsetting. This is a remarkable person with a critical message that she is trying to deliver in the face of ignorance and violence. Please buy and read her book. It is moving and eye opening.

1 comment:

Pili Grace said...

I can't wait to hear your write-up on the Sectionals. Good luck!