Monday, March 8, 2010

WOD: HP snatch and wall ball

Countdown to Sectionals: 12 days!

Today's WOD:


5 x 5 back squats at 125#

then

5 rounds of

1:00 hang power snatch 75/55#
Rest :30
1:00 wall balls 20/14# 10' target
Rest :30

I got 123 reps, as Rx'd. That was a hard one for sure, but the built-in rests meant better recovery and less gasping for me. Wish I could have squeezed out some more reps, but overall I felt like it went pretty well.

Knitting

Bought myself some presents at Gypsy Wools on Friday after work. Great little store, so friendly and it's a jewelry box of color. If you're ever in downtown Boulder, check them out. Here's what I left with (pardon the blurriness):

A subtly variegated worsted green wool for a one day beret, a super soft dk-weight light brown semisolid wool for a modified Turn a Square for Mike, and a glowing red laceweight wool for an Icarus shawl.

Mike's hat is started, and I also started some booties for expecting friends (with some leftover sock yarn). Getting closer on my Lace Ribbon scarf, but it's getting a little tedious, so I needed some other projects to mix it up and keep things interesting.

Paleo Biscuits and Pork Chops

Here is a recipe for paleo biscuits from Lucinda. I think I'm going to make some tonight. Yum! Mom, try these instead of your toast! I bet they'd be good with extra cinnamon and some raisins mixed in, and you could cut them in half and toast them.
I'm not a stickler about precise measurements, so go with your gut.
1 cup almond meal
1/2 c coconut flour
A pinch salt and shake of cinnamon
Mix these up then add:
1/4- 1/3 cup coconut oil and a drizzle of agave ( maybe a tabespoon )
I mix with my hands until combined
Then add 3 eggs and mix.
I just drop spoonfuls on a greased sheet and bake at 350 for 15-20 min. They need to be a little brown on top.
I haven't added any dried fruit other addins yet but you could. They're good on their own or with applesauce.
And for something savory: bacon wrapped pork chops with rosemary from CFSCC

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Thank you Paleo friend for posting the biscuit recipe! I cannot wait to try it. It also is going to help me solve my dilemma of what to do with my coconut flour from the delicious Paleo Crepes recipe I tried on Steve's blog. Last but not least, the recipre helps me realize there is life beyond white flour. :)