Monday, March 22, 2010

Mountain Sectional Results!

Team Flatirons at Mountain Sectionals 2010

Sectionals are finished! I survived, got 50th out of 67 women (scores are posted here). Since I was just hoping to not finish dead last, I'm very happy! I was in 62nd place at the end of day 1, so I made up 12 places on day 2, which made me feel great. I did not scale any of the workouts, including the last one, which had chest-to-bar pull-ups and 95 pound squat cleans. Competing like this is stressful and emotionally and physically draining, but it is worth it to push yourself and see what you are really capable of.

The women competing were incredible athletes, and I feel honored to just be in the same event as them. Not to mention my 9 teammates! Go Flatirons men, you all did amazing and I was proud to cheer you on. And a big thanks to all the people who drove through the ice and snow to come cheer us on. It made a huge difference to have so much support on the sidelines.

Here are a few photos from the event (thanks to Eric, Alex, and Jason). I'll post lots more photos throughout the week. Workout details are at the end of the post.


First WOD (9:15 AM Saturday):

In 12 minutes, reach a 1 rep max snatch
Add 2# bonus for each muscle-up completed in that time

85# (PR), no muscle-ups (54/67)

Second WOD (2:15 PM Saturday):

Three rounds for time of:
Row 500m
21 Kettlebell swings, 32kg/20kg
Run 400m

18:47 (64/67)

Final WOD (9:45 AM Sunday):

AMRAP in 10:00 of:

6 squat cleans 135/95#
9 C2B pull-ups
12 box jumps 24/20"

2.04 rounds (47/67)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! Way to go all-out and not scale the WODs!

510Climbergirl said...

Great job Amy/Mike. The photos are awesome! Looking forward to more.

I think it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there in that type of competition (very courageous and gutsy - These workouts are about a lot things for me (like practice, consistency, determination, focus, courage...insanity, living, joy, pain, growth, triumph, defeat, ect, ect more joy, living fully, then hoping you don't die from the workout :) - you know what I mean) and you Rx'd thes workouts to boot (Amy). What a great accomplishment!

Thanks for giving me a vision to shoot for as crawl out of my infancy at crossfit. :)

Best,
Katie

Amy said...

Thanks! Just keep working hard and you'll get there, Katie. The trick is to keep pushing yourself beyond what you think you can do, without pushing so hard that you get hurt. I feel like having been through the pressure of the games, regular workouts won't be scary anymore.