Thursday, February 25, 2010

WOD: Push jerks, C2B pull-ups, and burpees

Yesterday's WOD:

AMRAP in 15:00 of:

3 push jerks 75# (85# Rx'd)
6 pull ups C2B
9 burpees

I got 6 rounds even. That count put me at the bottom of the pack, but I ONLY counted legal chest-to-bar pull-ups, where my chest actually touched the bar. Definitely made it slower going; in one round I had three misses so I ended up doing 9 pull-ups. And on other rounds, especially the later ones, I probably paused more between pull-ups so I could reset myself to make sure I could get a super strong kip. I'm doing well when I can do 2 C2Bs in a row, great when I can get 3.

I wanted to be strict on this WOD to see if I could do a whole WOD with all strict C2B pull-ups, since there's a good chance they'll show up in one of the Sectionals workouts. I'm really pleased - I think the most C2Bs I've ever done in a WOD is about 20, and I did 36 yesterday. So if they show up at the Games, I think I'll be okay.

I also found that I was wheezing quite a bit the second half of the workout and for a while afterward. I'm starting to wonder if I have exercise-induced asthma. When I used to run, I wheezed a lot, and I often wheeze or have trouble breathing on sprint workouts. Should probably get it checked out. I just hate going to the doctor...

Today no WOD, going swimming instead. I haven't been swimming in forever! Definitely looking forward to it. I hope I remember how! I may even go off the diving board, just for the fun of it.

Links

No comments: