Monday, February 15, 2010

WOD: Front squats and cleans

Dirk getting groomed. This happens a lot. (Please ignore the mess on my kitchen table, it's much better now.)

Today's WOD:

Front Squat

5-5-3-3-1-1-1

85-95-105-110-115-120-125 (new PR!)

then

5 cleans every minute for 8 minutes

Use 66% of max (75# - max is 115#)

That was an interesting workout! It was pretty fast paced, so I couldn't overthink the lifts. But I got about 20 seconds of rest each round, so it wasn't exactly a sprint. My form wasn't perfect, but the cleans felt snappy. It was an interesting mental challenge, definitely something new. A good way to start the week.

Edited to add: Saturday's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:

7 hang squat clean thrusters 65# (85# Rx'd)
21 KB swings 16 kg
10 burpees

My time: 7:40. Elizabeth counted for me and watched my form (and cheered me on). Having someone to talk to me through the workout really helped keep me out of my own head, which was a great thing. Helped me sprint it more, stay more positive, and have more fun with the workout!

Olympics, knitting, and eating

This weekend I watched a lot of Olympics and did a lot of knitting. Of course I didn't take any pictures, so you'll have to take my word for it for now. My goal is still to complete ten UFOs (unfinished objects) by the end of closing ceremonies. I have zero so far, but am very close on one! And if I have a blocking party, I can knock out at least two more.

I also ate some good food this weekend. A very pretty chicken salad (made with celery, peppers, carrots, a little canola mayo and some olive oil) over romaine and cucumber with avocados and slivered almonds. A tasty combo!


And for last night's dinner, pan-seared boneless ribeye, with swiss chard cooked in bacon fat.

I've been a bit lax about dairy lately, and I think it's been taking its toll, so I'm going to be super strict this week, no dairy at all. I'll see if that helps. Just can't figure out exactly where I fall on the lactose intolerance spectrum.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Congrats On The Front Squat PR!