As many double unders as possible in 15 minutes
I got 319. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be able to get 10 double unders, let alone more than 300, I'm not sure I would have believed you. It was a fun class today, went in early and worked out with the boys (sorry, men). I kinda like being the only girl, it makes me feel special. Also worked on butterfly pull-ups and ring dips. Not seeing the progress I'd like on either of those, so I'll need to do them more frequently.
I spent some time yesterday thinking about why my workouts have been so frustrating lately and what I can do to fix that. I think it's a combination of physical and psychological factors that are forming a positive feedback loop. (Not positive as in good, positive as in increasing.) Here's what I think is happening:
- I feel stressed about life stuff and about Sectionals coming up
- So I tell myself that I really need to push hard
- So I go with weights that are too heavy for me and I set very high expectations for my time/score
- I feel a ton of anxiety before and during the workout because I'm worried about/struggling with the heavy weight and pressured by my high expectations
- The workout doesn't go well because it's too heavy and because I'm psyching myself out with my anxiety (or it goes okay but can't meet my impossibly high expectations)
- My body can't recover properly because I'm beating it down too much
- So my performance suffers more each workout
- As a result, I get more stressed and tell myself that I need to push even harder (see #2 and repeat cycle)
I was home with the bunnies all day yesterday, so of course there were some portraits taken. Greta, ever alert and wary:
Dirk, hiding in the shadows:
And a very sweet one of them together. Bunny kiss!