Monday, February 8, 2010

Deadlifts

Today's WOD:

Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1

155-165-175-185-failed on 190

then 12-9-6 reps @ 66% (125#)

I wasn't able to match my max of 190. But I wasn't too far off. Deadlift is really not my thing. But the 12-9-6 went great, felt very strong.

I don't feel too bad about the deadlifts because I got a great new PR on overhead squat, after I posted on Friday. I left my office and went in with Mike at 5:30, was just going to sit on the couch and work on my laptop, but I mentioned that I was mad I didn't get 100# because I couldn't get the bar over my head, and Mike and Brian said they'd help me get the bar over my head and see if I could get 100. I got 100, and then I got 105! Thanks guys!

Health

I started taking Vitamin D supplements a few days ago. Have felt like my immune system has been taking a hit lately, been fighting some blues, and I've just not been feeling like 100 percent Amy. I'm getting some extra sleep, and that's helping, but not enough. Some reading has me convinced that I'm likely low on Vitamin D, especially since it's winter and I've been stuck inside a lot. So it's an experiment, we'll see how it works. I'm hopeful it will help. Here's the list of lifestyle stuff I'm working on:
  • eat Paleo (and be better about not cheating on dairy)
  • sleep more (at least 8 hours a night)
  • take Vitamin D (and get more sun when I can)
  • cut back on caffeine (this week - no caffeine after noon)
  • stress less (easier said than done!)
I'll let you know how well I'm staying on track with this stuff.

Links

1 comment:

Pili Grace said...

Hey, could you recommend where to look or how to start supplementing Vit D?