Thursday, January 14, 2010

WOD: Push-ups, wall ball, and KB swings

Today's WOD:

AMRAP in 12:00

5 push-ups
10 wallballs 14/20# 10' target
15 KB swings 24/16kg

As Rx'd, 6 rounds + 5 + 10. I wish I had gone just a little faster to finish that seventh round! The high target wall balls killed me. Only the third workout with the 14# ball to the high target, it will get better. I worked on box jumps a little after the workout. Slight progress, need to keep at it.

Vanity

As of yesterday afternoon, I'm a (partial) blonde. Lots of highlights. I love it love it love it. I hope it's true that blonds have more fun. I plan to. And I'm going to try really hard to wear my hair down more and not always pull it into a ponytail. Hooray for a new look!

(It's actually a lot lighter and less contrast-y than it appears in this photo.)

Oh, and yes, I am very vain about my looks. I don't feel bad about it. How can vanity be bad if it motivates you to take care of yourself and makes you feel good about yourself? Hooray for vanity!

Nerdity

Graph from xkcd. If you think this is funny, you are definitely a nerd. I plan to throw it into my next conference presentation for sure. Hooray for nerdity too!



2 comments:

Vincent said...

nerdy comment: "pics or it didn't happen"
in reference to you being blonde that is

Amy said...

Fair enough, photo added. It's not a great picture, but it's the best I could do at work with my iphone.