Wednesday, January 13, 2010

WOD: Pull-ups, push press, and box jumps

Today's WOD:

Back squats 2-2 @ 100% (140#)

then

3 rounds for time of:

10 pull-ups
15 push press 75/55#
20 box jumps

My time: 10:12. The back squats were not bad at all. Really! As for the WOD, I was able to get all 10 pull-ups in a row and all 15 push press in a row on my first round - the second and third rounds didn't go as well. I will say it again, I really really need to work on box jumps. My technique is just terrible. I land hard on the ground and just stop, then need to start all over. I have to figure out how to make myself just touch down on the ground and pop right back up. I don't know why this is so hard for me. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I need to practice it outside a WOD. Regularly, until I get it.

Goals

There are a lot of "needs improvement" items that have been going through my head lately. So here's a list of things that I'm working on for Sectionals and for my own personal goals (in order of priority):
  1. Chest-to-bar pull-ups
  2. Improve speed on box jumps
  3. Improve max on snatch and clean and jerk
  4. Get more consistent at double unders
  5. Ring dips and false grip pull-ups to get to muscle-up
  6. Handstand pushups (more ROM) and freestanding handstand (to conquer fear)
There are probably more, this is just what I can think of right now. Just when I start feeling good about how I'm doing, I realize how much more there is to learn! But that's a good thing, I don't want to get complacent. That's why CrossFit is so motivating - you can always push yourself to improve at something.

Paleo

I photographed my groceries the other day. Mike saw me doing it and said, you know, normal people don't do that. Yes, I know. But when we started the first Paleo challenge in May, Tim posted a photo of his grocery cart filled with paleo foods and for some reason it totally motivated me. So here's hoping this motivates someone else.


And because I really can't stop taking pictures of my food, here's the salmon in a coconut milk sauce that I had for dinner last night. The sauce was just heated coconut milk with a little salt, garam masala, and dried basil stirred in. Fresh basil would have been better. For those of you paying attention to Zone portions, I had a handful of raisins with this because the carbs were really low.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!