Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WOD: C2B Pull-ups, OHS, and box jumps

Today's WOD:

Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3 at 155#

then

3 rounds for time of:

10 pull-ups C2B
10 OHS 65# (75# Rx'd)
10 box jumps 20" (24" Rx'd)

My time: 11:27. I got at least half the pull-ups real chest-to-bar, maybe more. And I was happy that I was able to get close to Rx'd weight on the overhead squats. This was not a sprint because I struggled with the pull-ups, could only do 2 or at most 3 in a row, and I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time. I was the last one finished by far. But I knew it would be a slog, and I got through it, so I don't feel bad. It felt great to have all the guys cheer me on for my last round. (Yes, it was me and a roomful of guys today, testosterone hour apparently.)

I also don't feel as bad about yesterday's WOD, given a little perspective and time to think it over. I'm just not ready for 75# snatches in a workout. It's too close to my max (80#, which I got exactly once), and when I get physically tired out (e.g., from wall ball), I don't have enough left in me to be explosive and get the weight up consistently. I can either sprint it out with 65# or maybe try 70# (a smaller jump up) and just know that it's going to be a slog and not a sprint. Hopefully I will remember this next time there's a heavy snatch workout!

Links

No comments: