Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WOD: Angie and Paleo Snapper Recipe

Bunny downtime

Today's WOD: Angie

For time:

100 pull-ups
100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
100 squats

My time: 22:29. That's exactly 8 minutes off my previous time (in September)! A 26% improvement, I'm happy with that. I hope it's enough to stay on the leaderboard. I did it in 10 rounds of 10/10/10/10. And I didn't rip my hands. Hooray!

Paleo Snapper with Salsa and Lime

Last night snapper was on sale at Whole Foods and I was feeling ambitious, so I decided to try to replicate one of my favorite restaurant dishes, the red snapper at Centro in Boulder. I didn't know what exactly was in it, but I took my best guess. For each serving, I put a 6 oz snapper fillet on a piece of foil, seasoned with salt and pepper, drizzled with olive oil, topped with thin slices of lime, fresh salsa from Whole Foods (contained tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro), and a few capers. Folded up the foil into a packet and baked at 400 F for 25 minutes. Here's how it looked, served with broccoli (steamed with a little soy sauce and topped with olive oil and almonds) and a salad.


I think it could have used an extra kick of fresh cilantro and I should have drained some of the water from the salsa, but other than that, I wouldn't change anything. Yum! It didn't taste exactly like the restaurant meal, but it was close, and I really enjoyed it. And it was super easy. No chopping, no dirty dishes. It's going in the rotation!

No comments: