Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snatches suck and some knitting

Today's WOD:

AMRAP in 15:00 of:

3 Snatch 65-75# (85# Rx'd)
10 wallballs 14#

I got 8 rounds, the first two with 75# and the rest with 65#. I really wanted to do the whole workout with 75# snatches. But I couldn't. What kills me is that I CAN get 75#, I just fail at some point in the workout and then get a mental block. I hate that the problem is in my head. I'm going in to weightlifting tonight, hopefully I can make progress on something oly-lifting-related and feel better.

I feel pretty crappy about CrossFit right now, so I'll post about knitting. Something I don't suck at.

Knitting!

I started and finished a hat over the weekend. Foliage from Knitty, Fall 2007. It was a very fun and addictive pattern. Worsted weight lace is a hoot - all the interest of lace with none of the fussiness or the taking forever. You're also not supposed to block this hat for a more rustic look, which I like because I always procrastinate when it comes to blocking. I'm tempted to knit some bulky weight lace next...love this blanket from Brooklyn Tweed for inspiration.


Here's a close-up:


And since my last picture of the purple stripey socks sucked so much, I wanted a do-over. (No, I haven't gotten them in the mail yet, going to the post office today.) I think this captures their stripey cuteness much more nicely. Yarn is Felici from Knitpicks in a sold-out colorway, pattern is my own.


By the way, these are iPhone pictures! Amazing that they're so clear! I had to take photos at work and improvised by putting a couple of pieces of blank white paper under the knitting. The contrast was just right for the iPhone camera, I guess. No more dark pictures on my kitchen table or my sofa, at least as long as I can find a couple pieces of blank paper.

No comments: