Monday, November 23, 2009

WOD: OHS and pull-ups

Today's WOD:

Press 3-3-3-3-3 at 65#

then

21-15-9 reps for time of:

Overhead squat 55#
Pull-ups

My time: 8:37. The pull-ups did not go well - forearms were killing me and my grip strength fell off fast. The OHS went okay - I wish I could have done them at 65# but it would have been too slow. The 65# press was a new PR. I know, it doesn't sound like much, but I did try and fail at 70.

Sunday's snowboarding lesson went pretty well, no crying, no breakdowns, no injuries. Plenty of falling, and I think it's going to be a long slow learning curve, but I'm willing to stick with it until I get it.

Saturday's weightlifting clinic went great. Learned a lot about going overhead in the snatch and the jerk. We had a pretty big crowd, see below. Got to meet Carissa Gump, who went to the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, and heard about her experience. She was really nice and had lots of great advice, and it's so inspirational to meet someone at that level.


And there has been lots of knitting but not enough photo taking. Stay tuned for a knitting update tomorrow or Wednesday.

No comments: