Monday, November 30, 2009

WOD: deadlifts and burpees

Today's WOD:

Back squat 5-5-3-3-1-1-1
105-115-120-125-130-135-140 (matched PR of 140)

then

5 rounds for time of:

5 deadlifts 125#
10 burpees

My time: 6:06. I guess it went okay. I wish I could deadlift heavier (nowhere near Rx'd at 185#), but I am so not built for deadlifting. I can barely creep my numbers up no matter how hard I work at it.

Speaking of working hard, I spend most of my weekend working on snowboarding. Went to Breckenridge 4 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday. I got to the point where I could ride the lift up to the top of a green run, get off the lift without falling, and make it all the way down the green run without crying. (Not without falling, but nothing catastrophic.) I am bruised and sore from a couple of downhill edges I took (knees!) and from one person who ran into me with her board, but overall I feel good and much more confident on the slopes. It's not fun yet, but I had moments of fun, and I can see how soon it will become fun. I just need to keep working.

Links

Imac computer desk via Ikea Hacker

German star tutorial via Whip Up
Bubu from Disapproving Rabbits. Awww!

No comments: