Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lifting: Snatch and RDL

Didn't do the WOD today, worked on snatch from the knee instead (60# - 75%) and then did some Romanian deadlifts (75# - 95%), sets of 5.

Tim, Steve, and I have been working hard on putting together the next Paleo challenge, which will actually be an experiment. It will start on January 11 and go 8 weeks. Stay tuned for more information. Any FCFers reading, I encourage you to think about participating. If you're not ready to go Paleo yet, we do need participants who will do the performance and physiological measures but continue their usual diet to form a control group for comparison. We are actively recruiting participants for BOTH groups, and regardless of which group you choose to be in, your participation will be highly valued and appreciated. If you're curious, feel free to drop me an email or chat with me about it, but more details will be available soon.

Edited to add: I've been constructing a Paleo resource website and just got it up and running. Click on Paleo Resource Page under Data/Tools in the sidebar to check it out.

If you need some inspiration about the importance of diet and you want to read an eye opener, check out this 2002 New York Times article by Gary Taubes. It is well worth the read.
What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie?

Silly Links

2 comments:

Philip said...

I am seeing more bunnies in your blog and I like what I see.

rosanne said...

Doc, great Paleo page. Love the recipe link. That's gonna be a great resource. Thanks!