Friday, July 10, 2009

WOD: Rowing, push press, and burpees

Today's WOD:

21-15-9 reps
Row/calories
Push press 55#
Burpees

My time: 14:32. 73% of Rx'd weight (75#). I originally wanted to do 65#, but I'm very glad I didn't. 55 was plenty hard, I could only do about 3 in a row for some reason.

Edited to add: I forget I also did deadlifts. After the WOD.
Deadlift 5x5
85-105-115-125-135
5 in a row is a pretty big challenge for me at 135. It was especially challengint to lift heavy right after that WOD.

Quick updates:
  1. My friend passed her defense with only very minor revisions required. Go Dr. Tepe!
  2. I'm back to work after some time sort-of-off, and the Big Project is coming together. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It will officially be over done kaput at the end of the day Monday 7/20. Yes, I am counting the hours.
  3. Today Team FCF is competing in the Affiliate Cup. They are currently 49th out of 97 teams, but they got 13th on the OHS/pull-up workout! It's really impressive when you think about the fact that these are some of the best athletes in the world. See updates on the CrossFit Games site. Our friends from Front Range CrossFit in Denver are killing it, in contention for the top five.
  4. I've been knitting fancy socks. Diagonal Rib Socks by Boulder local Ann Budd, using Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet (90/10 merino/nylon).


It's a fairly simple pattern to do, but it looks complicated and fancy, I think. It looks nice with a semi-solid colorway. I'm so loving the hot hot weather right now, but these almost make me look forward to winter. You might notice only one sock is modeled. The second sock is on the needles, a couple inches of leg done already!

I'm very, very close to finishing two other long-promised projects. I anticipate blogging about them over the weekend or Monday at the latest.

Have a great weekend. I'll leave you with this very sweet disapproving lop, who looks just like my Julius did. From Disapproving Rabbits:

Okay. First off, I run this joint.

No comments: