Friday, July 17, 2009

WOD: KB snatch, box jumps, and OWPL

Today's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:
30 kettlebell snatches (15 each arm) 12 kg (16 kg Rx'd)
30 box jumps 20"
30 overhead walking plate lunges (OWPL) 25#

My time 19:12. Happy to beat 20 minutes! And 2 firsts today: 1) I took the 15 KB snatches each arm literally and didn't break up the snatches on any of the rounds and 2) I did not do ANY step-downs on the box jumps. Those were brutal though.

We also did 1RM snatch at the beginning, but I'd rather not talk about it. My head just wasn't in the game today and it's so so so frustrating. At least I matched my PR, but I KNOW I can get more than 70#. Lucinda's suggestion to work on getting low with light weight (55#) and do a gazillion reps of that is a really good one, and I'm going to try it.

Article: Fit Body, Fit Mind? Your Workout Makes You Smarter (via My Daily Near Death Experience)

No comments: