Wednesday, July 8, 2009

OHS and hiking pictures

Booth Falls, near Vail

Today's WOD:

Overhead Squat
1-1-1-1-1
then 12-9-6 reps @66%

I got 55-65-70-75-failed on 80

Did my 12-9-6 at 55# (I guess that's 73%, not 66%)

I did not set a PR, but I do think I'm getting stronger and getting better at these. I think I could have done 80#, but I couldn't get the wide-grip push press from behind the head at 80#. Partly strength, partly fear. But I know that 75# felt very good and wasn't a stretch, and the 12-9-6 at the end felt solid with the 55#.

When I got home, I went for a long, tough hike (steep!) up Pennsylvania Gulch. I think it was more painful than the overhead squats, and that's saying something. Good stress reliever though.

Here are a few more pictures from the Booth Falls hike (last weekend).


No comments: