Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Box 1, Amy 0

I got another box jump injury. I was trying to "jump like Sid". I should know better, he's 20 and coordinated.

Today's WOD:

21-15-9 reps for time of:

Body weight deadlift (I did 115#, under body weight)
Box jumps 20"
Pull-ups

My time: 14:38 (includes about a minute of freaking out about my box fall)

So almost Rx'd but not quite. As it was, I really struggled with the deadlifts. I was doing okay on the box jumps until I think 9 of the first round when I fell, and then I was just freaked out on them for the rest of the workout. The pull-ups were slow but felt strong.

Also went for a hike on the north side of the Switzerland Trail. The wildflowers are out en masse and it's really beautiful.

I've been using some of my vacation time to do a little knitting, so I promise soon there will be knitting content on the blog again.

Links

4 comments:

rosanne said...

Thanks again, Amy, for the hike it was really beautiful!

Jane said...

Ouchy! But oh so strong.

Margaret said...

nasty box jumps!

Todd said...

I feel your pain. Next time you will show that nasty box!