Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WOD: Sandbag cleans, renegade rows, and snatch

Today's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:
7 renegade rows 12 kg
10 sandbag cleans 55#
20 snatch 55#

My time: 24:58. Was hoping for better, but I was very slow on the snatches. I went to weightlifting class with Mark last night and worked on snatches for an hour and a half, so maybe I was burned out on them. I have to admit, I was not excited to see them in the WOD for today. But I got through it, that's the important part. I wish I could do more in a row. I tried, but my legs would start burning and then I'd lose my balance. It was very frustrating.

Introversion

Recently I came across these two articles on introversion:

Caring for Your Introvert from The Atlantic
Confessions of an Introverted Traveler from World Hum

Really interesting. An introvert is defined as someone who is drained by interaction with others, while an extrovert is someone who gains energy from interacting with others. Do you know which you are? I am definitely 100% introvert. That definition is spot-on. Some common misconceptions about introverts are that we are shy, socially awkward, socially anxious, unhappy, unfriendly, or aloof, but we are none of these things. I don't mind going to a party or talking to people, I just need time alone afterward to recover. Some estimates suggest that more than half the population can be considered introverted. But the deck is often stacked in favor of extroverts, it seems. I recommend reading those two articles even if you are an extrovert, because it might help you to better understand the introverts in your life, who may seem puzzling at times!

1 comment:

Northwest Minuteman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.