Monday, June 15, 2009

WOD: Helen

As promised, here is some Mike eye candy. I believe he is trying to communicate with this goat. The goats didn't seem to trust him very much despite his earnest attempts to befriend them. I think they were scared of the orange shirt.

Today's WOD: Helen

3 rounds for time of:
run 400 m
21 kettlebell swings 16 kg
12 pull-ups

My time: 15:28. My first time doing Helen as prescribed. Back in April I got 14:15 with 1-band pull-ups. It feels so good to be able to do a benchmark "named" workout as prescribed, even if it was kind of slow. Now I have something to build on.

Edited to add:
I forgot we also did some weightlifting before Helen:
Front squats:
10-5-3-3-3
65-75-85-85-85#

Combining weightlifting and the WODs leaves me beat!

A Special Cause

My blog-friend Claudia participates in a bike ride fundraiser for MS each year. To support this very worthy cause, I picked up some local rose-grey handspun alpaca (from Evening Star Farm in Arvada, Colorado) at the Estes Park Wool Market to add to the prize basket. For every ten dollars you donate, you win a chance at this or many other amazing prizes.
To donate, click here.


My other purchases were from my very favorite Brooks Farm. Their stand glitters like a jewel in the middle of the tent. They have the most amazing colors and the lushest yarns, I just can't help but go back every year. I got some superwash wool (heavy worsted) for a hat for Mike:


and some Acero sock yarn that's mine all mine.


That's all for today, but there will be more cute goat pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

claudia said...

Thanks Amy! Nice job on Helen.