Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ouch! Minor Injury Report

Weightlifting with Mark today. Didn't make much progress because time was limited and I was not paying very good attention and dropped the bar on my back (again). Ouch! Got a nice bloody scrape and there will be a bruise - Margaret got a picture but I won't post it here because I don't want to freak out my mom. Don't worry Mom! I'm a little sore but fine!

Anyway, hugely frustrating because I really need to work on technique for oly lifts and all I did today was set myself back. I think I need to set aside the oly lifting classes until things settle down at work (in about two weeks) because I'm just too distracted and stressed and that's a recipe for getting hurt or at least not making progress. I'll give it more attention once I meet my big deadline (July 6) and I can go to Mark's class two times a week.

I'll end with some good stuff other people wrote:

The importance of stupidity in scientific research

Seven Silly Fitness Mistakes from The Intelligent Workout

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Amy, sorry you got hurt today. You know those kind of days can really get to you, but hopefully you are not seriously hurt. Brusing on your back just sounds like it really hurts! Hope to see you in class either Thurs (noon), Friday (9:30) or Saturday. You going to any of those?