Friday, June 19, 2009

Nothing original today

No workout today, resting up for the Sanitas challenge tomorrow.

Lots more work writing to do (and it's going to bleed into the weekend, ugh!), so you'll have to be satisfied with links to other people's writing rather than anything original from me today.

I found a new blog (well, new to me) called Fitness Fail that has some really good rants. Here are a couple of nice examples:

Don’t make people look in the mirror.

Women and not lifting heavy, when will the myths FINALLY die?

In that second one, there is an interesting link to some strength standards tables. It estimates weights you should be able to lift, sorted by gender, weight, and training level (untrained, novice, intermediate, advanced, and elite). Go check it out, it's pretty interesting to see where you fall. I was surprised that I'm now in intermediate for all of the lifts, when a few months ago I was solidly in novice for most of them.

Have a great weekend. I might post about the Sanitas challenge if I survive it.

No comments: