Friday, June 12, 2009

Lace and WOD: Heavy Thrusters and Burpees

I'll start with a pretty picture and end with some gory ones.

Some knitting (I promised a long time ago). Knitpicks Gloss Lace (70/30 merino/silk) in Aegean, zig zag lace pattern from one of those stitch-pattern-a-day calendars, with a 3-stitch garter border on each side. It's a stole, which is just a big rectangle. I wanted something fancy and luxurious but mindless to knit. I'll keep making it longer till I run out of yarn (I have 880 yards). The yarn is wonderful, feels so much more expensive than it is.

More fiber fun coming up too - Sunday I'm going to the Estes Park Wool Market. It's the only one I go to, and I've gone the last couple of years. Lots of fun, and maybe I'll buy myself a present from Brooks Farm (love them).

Today's WOD

3 rounds for time of:
10 thrusters 65# (Rx 85#)
10 burpees

My time: 8:04. 76% of prescribed weight. Worked on pull-ups beforehand, resulting in some fresh rips. I need to stay off the small bar! The big bar is a little more tiring, but I don't rip callouses on the big bar. If you see me on the small bar, yell at me!!!


By the way, that's Nils' paper making a cameo in the pictures.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm going to get together with some grad school buddies Saturday, and Sunday I'm going to the wool market. Hopefully I'll remember to bring my camera to one or both events!

2 comments:

rosanne said...

Owie on the rips!
Though I do like the picture of Tim and his chainsaw. I'm sure that was an interesting afternoon.
Have fun this weekend!

Melissa said...

I found your blog through Claudia's. I'm a crossfitter and knitter too, I like to see your WODS, our gym mainly follows the main board, but a few people are doing the CFF and strength bias work.

Nice rips, I got my first ones this week.