Thursday, June 4, 2009

Front Squats and Headed Home for a Visit

Today: Weightlifting

Front squats: 6-9-12-15-18-21 reps
85-85-80-75-70-65#

I failed on the 21 and did 15+6 instead of all 21 in one set. I could have done it (!!) but I just dropped the stupid weight. That was an interesting workout, and a good mental and physical challenge.

I went in at noon for the WOD and then realized it was weightlifting instead. So it was a weightlifting-heavy and a WOD-light week, but that's okay. I'll make up some good on-the-road WODs for my trip. There will be burpees. And driveway sprinting.

A Trip

Tomorrow I get on a plane for the east coast, a visit to see family and friends. Here's where I'm headed:

And in case you don't believe me when I say I'm from a rural area, I'll zoom out a little:

I'll try to post my workouts and knitting and other adventures from the road. Think good thoughts for Mike as he tries to cope without me for a few days.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Have a fun trip Amy, I hope the weather holds for the family friends party.
That Front Squat set looked interesting. I came in worked with a client and left, I'm a anxious traveler and always feel that I have too much to do beforehand, just couldn't concentrate on the idea of a WOD of any sort.