Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WOD: Running, Sandbags, and Goblet Squats

Today's WOD:

3 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
10 sandbag clean and jerk 55#
25 goblet squats 16kg

My time: 23:11. Yuck. I tried the 60# sandbag but only got a couple with it. Did really bad on this one, but at least I finished.

Nutrition Challenge

This is the first *official* day of the nutrition challenge, although I ate paleo all day yesterday because I thought that was the first day. It went pretty well. I didn't crave carbs because I haven't been eating that many anyway. And I didn't miss the dairy. The only hard part was not drinking coffee all afternoon, but I have to say, I slept a whole lot better than I have been.

My food yesterday was:

Breakfast: 2 eggs with chopped onion, red pepper, and canadian bacon and orange juice
Late morning: cup of coffee
Lunch: shrimp with lemon, a salad with romaine, cucumber, red peppers, and avocado with olive oil and vinegar, and a couple of walnuts
Afternoon snack: strawberries, raw almonds, and orange slices
Dinner: half a banana, big salad with leaf lettuce, spinach, red peppers, avocado, and sunflower seeds, with olive oil and vinegar, and a buffalo burger with guacamole on top

See, I was so good and it didn't even count! But I can be good again today.

Edited to add: For those of you participating in the challenge, I'll divulge my secret code number: 552. You can see what I'm eating and feel free to ask questions or call me out or whatever in the comments! Thoughts on Day 2 of the experiment - thank god for walnuts, or as I like to think of them, tasty crunchy little bites of energy.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I don't know I think you worked hard today, flat on back after is always a good sign.