Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WOD: Rowing, running, and snatches

The Continental Divide (still snowy!)

Today's WOD:

For time:
Row 500
Run 400
40 Snatches 75/55#

13:57 as Rx'd. Went a little slow on the 500 m row with 2:09 (my best time is 2:02). And I wish I could have done more snatches in a row, did a few doubles but mostly one at a time. Still, always happy to do the workout as Rx'd. And 55# snatch is about 80 percent of my max, so to do a sprint workout with it is still a stretch. Not trying to make excuses, just trying to keep it in perspective.

I find as I try to push myself to do heavier weights, I finish even farther behind everyone else. But for now, I would really rather try to get as close to Rx'd as I can, even if it means I'm not really sprinting. I'll supplement the heavy lifting in the WODs with technique work at lower weights during weightlifting classes with Mark. I feel a weird mixture of proud and disappointed - proud that I'm getting the workouts Rx'd or close most of the time, and disappointed at my times. But I have a plan, and I know I'm working hard, so that's all I can do.

One of these days I'll post some knitting, but I've just not been feeling it lately. Did start a nice new lacey thing, but I'm feeling guilty about other projects I'm neglecting.

Links

No comments: