Monday, May 18, 2009

WOD: Pull-ups, front squats, burpees


Today's WOD: Workout 2 from the games

3 rounds for time of:
10 pull-ups
10 front squats 85#
10 burpees

My time: 15:27. Prescribed weight was 105#, and modified weight in the games was 65#, so I decided to split the difference. My previous max on both cleans and front squats was 83#, so that was very heavy for me. My form cleaning the bar up was not good at all - when it gets heavy I have this block against getting under the bar and I just power clean it. And they were especially ugly power cleans today! I'm hoping to get in to Mark's class tonight to work on this.

I was screwing around in the warmup and *almost* got a chest-to-bar pull-up. I'll keep working on that this week. It would be cool to get it.

Here is a picture of where I ran yesterday. (I didn't take the picture on the run.)

1 comment:

Jane said...

That is a very brave (or very stupid) bunny. Also, I love the picture of the trail by your house - I hope I get to see it again, in person, this summer. I'm not sure when we'll be able to schedule a visit though!