Thursday, May 14, 2009

WOD: The Filthy Fifty

This car in a ditch is one of the interesting things I see when I go for a hike on the north side of the Switzerland trail. Yes, currently there is a stream running through it. See?


Today's WOD: The Filthy Fifty

For Time:

50 box jumps 20"
50 jumping pull-ups
50 kettlebell swings 12 kg (ugly swings)
50 walking lunges
50 knee to elbows
50 push press 35#
50 back extentions
50 wallballs 14#
50 burpees
50 double-unders (substituted 2:1 singles)

My time: 37:41. (Previous time 40:12 in January) I really really wanted to beat 35 minutes, and I was on track to do it, but I slowed way down on the burpees. I hate them so much. I also dropped the bar on my head during the push press, but it just hurt enough to be annoying, not to do any damage. Oh, and I slammed my shin into the box, but it didn't slow me down much on the box jumps since I did them first.

Work this week has been interesting. I'm finally coming up for air. It was nice to socialize a bit with everyone after the workout today. And I'm really excited to go cheer everyone on Saturday at the regional CrossFit Games. Team FCF is going to do great!

No comments: