Thursday, May 7, 2009

Two Terrible WODs Too Close Together!

Yesterday's WOD:

5 rounds for time of
7 burpees
7 push jerks 65#
7 pull-ups

My time: 16:59. Scaled the weight on the push jerks from 85#. I started with 70# but only got in 5 or 6 with that before I had to switch to 65#. That was a painful one - the burpees and the pull-ups weren't that awful, but the push jerks really slowed me down. I think my muscles were tired from weightlifting in the morning.

Today's WOD:

For time:
21 overhead squats 55#
21 kettlebell swings 24kg
Run 400 meters
15 overhead squats
15 kettlebell swings
Run 400
9 overhead squats
9 kettlebell swings
Run 400

My time: 13:59. Another painful one! I felt pretty good on the run, the swings were not bad, but overhead squats are awfully hard. I scaled it from 65#, and the weight felt pretty good, but I wasn't tight enough in my core and back and felt wobbly through much of it. Also didn't get low enough on most reps. But I felt really good afterward, must have gone hard enough to release the endorphins.

Nutrition challenge

I'm having some problems adjusting to the paleo diet, including some tummy troubles and nausea. I'm hoping this will resolve soon. I suspect it's just temporary, part of adjusting to a different kind of eating. Other than that, I feel strong, my energy is good, and I'm finding things I like to eat. Still not missing the dairy, which really surprises me. I don't think I could do this without a support system, without knowing that a bunch of other people are doing it too and having them to talk to about it.

Busy at work, so I'll just leave you with some linky fun.

Some Random Links

1 comment:

mtbjune said...

I'm with ya on the stomach problems...the first two days were the worst and I've actually had some fatigue as well. But, I think you are right...it's just going to take some time to adjust. I haven't done a super hard workout yet, so we'll see how it goes when I mountain bike tonight. Good luck!