Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saturday's WOD on Tuesday

My clematis - planted in a sunny spot. Think good thoughts for my new little plants!

Today's Workout:

3 rounds for time of:

15 box jumps 20" (I think that box was taller!)
9 burpees
6 thrusters 55# (scaled from 85# and hang squat clean thrusters)
Run 400 meters

Time: 17:23. I went to the 7:30 class again today (because of work stuff) and I was the only one. Tim asked if I wanted to do the games practice workout from Saturday, and I foolishly said sure, I'll do it! Very painful, and damn, do I hate box jumps. I wish I could just be more frickin' coordinated so they could get easier. I feel like such a clod on those, and on the burpees too. Spent some time afterward lying on my back contemplating why the ceiling wouldn't stop spinning.

Anyway, a word of advice. If you're trying to dress like a grown-up, and you decide to wear heels (no matter how low!), do NOT do a bunch of box jumps first in the morning. Your calves will thank you.

Pattern Tuesday:

Shalom Cardigan (pdf link)
Designed by Meghan McFarlane of Involving the Senses
Found via whipup

Photo from above link

I want to make this. Nice texture, simple, no pieces, no seaming, perfect for the over-AC'd office in summer. I think I will order yarn for it this week. Seriously, I think this is a sweater I can make and one that I will wear.

Back to work work work. This is an interesting week.

No comments: