Saturday, May 9, 2009

Randomness and a Week Summary

Photo from here

I have a question - does clematis grow in Colorado? I got some as a present but I don't know anything about gardening...

I'm feeling a lot better today, not nearly as woozy or tired, so maybe I was just getting run down. Just for fun, here's a list of all the work done this week:

50 TGUs 12kg
rowed 1000 m
ran 2400 m (1.5 miles)
65 pull-ups
35 burpees
105 wall ball 14#
50 thrusters 35#
45 overhead squats 55#
35 push jerks 65#
49 deadlifts 115#
30 sandbag clean and jerk 55#
75 goblet squats 16kg
45 kettlebell swings 24kg
plus weightlifting on Monday and Wednesday - heavy pulls from the floor
plus all the random warm-up and instructional stuff
plus moved a bunch of heavy tables at work on Friday

Okay, so all that plus a drastic decrease in coffee plus a big change in my eating probably explains the feeling bad, especially at the end of the week. Funny to see it all together in a list like that - no wonder people think CrossFitters are crazy. I'm taking it easy this weekend, need some recovery. Next week I'm probably going to have to miss some workouts because of craziness at work, so it's good I got in a tough week this week.

Last, I wanted to plug Steve's Paleo-Zone blog (it's also over in the sidebar). There are some really yummy gourmet looking recipes on there. He's very creative and I can't wait to try some of these recipes and to see what else he comes up with. If you're the type to get bored easily (like me), it's a great way to get out of the rut of chicken breast and apples and almonds for every meal.

1 comment:

rosanne said...

Yep you can grow clematis here in Colorado. I have some in my yard. Make sure you have it in a sunny spot. It may take a year or two to really take off, but then it really does grow and if you can plant it by a trellis or fence, better yet.

Thanks for the tip to Steve's blog for recipes, you know I'm already bored. Planning on entering all my stuff from the past week tonight. Hopefully all will go well.