Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Moose and WOD: Deadlifts and Wall Ball


These are pictures of Casey the moose. I like to give notable local wildlife gender neutral names to make them less scary. Photo credit to Alex Walden (Alex, I hope it's okay that I lifted these off your FB album), who saw Casey while camping on the Switzerland trail, less than 3 miles from my house. So I guess I now have moose neighbors, in addition to the mountain lion (Frances/Francis) and the bear (Robin Jean). Moose may look cute, but they can be very aggressive and dangerous. So now I have yet another scary animal to worry about when I pull into my driveway. I'll have to write about my recurring moose nightmare sometime.

Today's WOD:

5 rounds for time of:
5 deadlifts 135#
15 wall balls 14#

My time: 7:25, at 68% of prescribed weight (prescribed weight was 200#). That was actually kind of a fun one. Probably could have gone a little higher in weight on the deadlift, but it was nice to get a good sprint. I feel really good. And I brought a newbie with me today - my boss - and he did great! I hope he had fun (you know, in the horrible, masochistic way that CrossFit workouts are fun).

1 comment:

claudia said...

Wow, awesome deadlift!