Sunday, May 3, 2009

(Blurry) cupcakes, one for me and one for Mike. Can you guess which one is mine?

Yesterday it was my birthday
Hung one more year on the line...

And I got a birthday workout too:

AMRAP in 20:00 of:
3 Squat cleans 75#
6 pull-ups
9 box jumps

I got 7 rounds + 3 cleans and 3 pull-ups as Rx'd. Yep, my first pull-up workout as Rx'd! 7*6=42 + 3 makes a total of 45 pull-ups. After the workout a few of us had some beer (yes, at 11:30 in the morning!) - thanks for helping me celebrate my birthday and my first no-band pull-up workout! By the way, I totally got carded when I bought that beer! Glad to still be getting carded at 31.

I found a lovely yarn present in my locker, plus I spent a gift certificate on some super soft hand-dyed sock yarn. So here are my new yarn scores:
An indie-dyer sock yarn (Pagewood Farm) and 3 precious balls of Ovation (kid mohair and silk). Gotta find patterns worthy of such nice yarn. They are pictured with a box from L'Occitaine, a gift from my folks - so pretty I had to include it in the picture. Thank you everyone for all the treats and good wishes on my birthday - I felt very spoiled.

I also treated myself to a cupcake from Whole Foods (pictured above) and an Americano. Did a little Mother's Day shopping as well. The rest of the day spent at home relaxing and watching Kyle Bush (who has the same birthday as me) win his third race of the weekend - go birthday pal! The Rock also has a 5/2 birthday. I think the three of us should have a joint birthday party sometime. Think of the fun we could have ass-kicking and fast-car-driving.

Today, catching up on housework (how did it get away from me again??). Tomorrow the nutrition challenge starts, so I'm getting food made/planned and the kitchen in order, plus eating the last of the forbidden foods...

2 comments:

claudia said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I'm glad you had a great day and a fabulous workout.

Todd said...

Happy Belated Birthday.