Monday, April 20, 2009

WOD: Snatch and High Wall Ball and Big Snow

We had a little snow at our house this weekend (about 3 feet).

Warning: picture-heavy post today. Rosanne, make sure you read to the end - there's something there just for you!

Today's WOD:


5 rounds for time of:
10 power snatches 53# (Rx 115/75#)
20 wall balls 14# 10' target

Cap at 12:00

In 12:00 I got 2 full rounds and all 10 snatches on the 3rd round. The wall ball target was 2' higher than normal, and I think maybe 2 or 3 of mine made the mark. Most of them were at least half a foot short. Wish I could have finished 3 rounds, but that was the most weight I've ever done for snatch in a WOD, and I got 30 of them, so that's good. Tonight is weightlifting with Mark, need to push my max and see what I can get. My current max is 58#, but if I can do 30 reps at 53#, my max should be at least 63# now.

Here are some pictures of the biggest fastest snowstorm I've ever seen. It was fun! View by the front door:

The Jeep and the old 4runner, snuggled under big snow blankets:
My poor little Saab, buried:

See, it's really buried!

Being snowed in gave me a chance to get a lot knitting done. Here is a scarf I started not very long ago. I've been working on it fairly compulsively. It's in a cotton-linen blend, which is hell on the hands (not stretchy), in a fairly unforgiving pattern (woven stitch), but I don't care because it's so pretty, I just love to watch it grow. Love the longways stripes that blend into each other, love the texture, love everything about this scarf. It's going to be hard to give it away, but the giftee is quite deserving.

And here you go Rosanne, some lil' bunnies in progress, hanging out on my chair. They still need faces and tails. And possibly stuffing, unless they become puppets. They also need a lot more friends.

2 comments:

Jane said...

That's a lot of snow - but it's pretty. Your scarf is beautiful - great colors. And the bunnies are extra cute. Be sure to post a picture of the finished product(s).

rosanne said...

Thanks Doc for the bunnie pics. Lordy, lordy you guys sure did get some snow! Your Saab was so buried.