Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WOD: Fausto

Today's WOD: Fausto

5 rounds for time of:
10 pull-ups (1-band)
15 burpees
20 boxjumps 20"
25 wallballs 14#

Time: 35:29. A few minutes better than my previous time of 38:56 in December, also down to 1-band pull-ups from 2.

Read this previous post for some perspective for this WOD, just something keep in mind. I definitely thought about it today and tried not to complain about the workout.

Last time I did this workout, it inspired a bit of a rant. I'd like to think I have a better attitude about it today - at least I've come to terms with being the slow kid in class. My goal is just to go as hard as I can. I think I did go hard - the room was spinning for about five minutes after I finished. But I know I still hold back on this kind of workout, especially on burpees and box jumps, and on the transitions. I don't know how to fix that except to just keep trying.

Updated to add: I'm putting in some extra time at the gym, going to weightlifting in the evenings to get ready for the weightlifting meet at MBS in 3 weeks. Last night I worked on the snatch, got 53#, my new PR. I was so close on 58#. I'm strong enough to do that or probably more, but I need to work on a form issue (catching the bar lower). Will keep working on that this week in the evenings and see how it goes. It's not easy!

I have some photos from Saturday's Tactical Strength Challenge that I still need to post. Look for those tomorrow hopefully.

In knitting news, I have a bunch of finished objects to share, just need to get pictures. I finally finished knitting my Adamas shawl (big project!), just need to block it. It was a lovely pattern, I completely recommend it, and I can't wait to see what it looks like blocked out. Also have a couple of new socks on the needles - need to do a sock WIP (work in progress) update this week as well. Stay tuned if you care about these things...

Here are some nerdy links:
Find anagrams for your name
If TV science was more like real science

And here is a picture of a bear riding in a taxi (from here):

2 comments:

rosanne said...

Hey Doc, liked the picture of the bear!
~snare on

Margaret said...

Did the anagram link, my best one was "The Marginal Merger", Keith got Dreamer Nighthawk!