Monday, April 27, 2009

WOD: Clean and Jerk and Pull-ups

Another picture from the meet. I liked this one. Photo credit to Tim T.

Today's WOD:

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Squat clean and Jerk 65#
Pull-ups (1-band)

My time was 21:22. Only 10# under the prescribed weight. I'm pretty happy with that. This workout was much harder than I anticipated. Spent most of it in a cold sweat. And I struggled with form, but got it right at least a few times! Just need to keep practicing.

Okay, I know I bashed the Paleo diet a bit, but I think I'm going to participate in the Paleo nutrition challenge going on at the gym. I had been resisting because of my love of dairy, but I'm afraid I'm becoming even more lactose intolerant, even having trouble with cultured dairy like yogurt and cottage cheese, so it's time to face the music. Plus I'm only four pounds away from driver's license weight (what I weighed when I got my license at 16, and it still says that on my license). Now I was not a skinny 16-year-old, but it would still be awesome to weigh what I did then. Considering that not too long ago I was more than 20 pounds over driver's license weight, can I just say again how much I love CrossFit?

Links

Picture from above whipup link

1 comment:

Margaret said...

You did well in the WOD, you just have to go for it sometimes though, let your body just do it

arrgh!! you're abandoning me to the paleo,....... must.... resist
no, its OK :-)