Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WOD: Cindy

Last night: Weightlifting with Mark
Worked on snatch, matched my PR of 58# but couldn't quite get 63#. Lots of form stuff to still work on. But I think the new weightlifting shoes make a big difference in getting down into the squat. Need to keep working on catching the bar lower, but I'm feeling more comfortable with the weight over my head. I'm just so uncoordinated! Gets frustrating.

Today's WOD: Cindy

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 pull-ups (1-band)
10 push-ups
15 squats

Got 13 full rounds plus 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 2 squats. Last time I did Cindy I got 12 rounds and did 2-band pull-ups. So it's an improvement.

Here is a great video from timeless fitness guru Jack Lalanne (found it linked on MBS CrossFit's website). He was so ahead of his time.


Will anyone do the 5 days without sugar with me? (Rosanne, you're off the hook!) I was going to start today but I accidentally ate a jelly bean. But it was just one, so I think I'll still count today as day #1.

Okay, still no knitting pictures, but here's a silly knitting-related comic from toothpaste for dinner to tide you over (thanks for the link, Dad!):

No comments: