Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weightlifting: Clean and Jerk

Weightlifting last night: worked on clean and jerk. Got a max of 78# on the clean and 68# on the jerk. I know I can get the weights up, but I need to work out form issues. I have the hip pop down pretty well, but the whole getting under the bar thing is not happening at heavy weights. I think it's fear - maybe I need to work on it with lighter weights until it feels second nature, then move up to higher weights.

Today I did (you guessed it) weightlifting again because Mark was in to teach the morning class. We worked on cleans only, which was a nice break for my sore shoulders. We started with some kettlebell squat drills which seemed to help with getting low quickly. I did a better job of getting under the bar on the cleans and worked at 48-53-58#. I'll do the WOD this evening. It's more barbell work - push press and SDHP - so I might go pretty light so I don't die. Then I'm done with the 2-a-day workouts until next week. This is a tough schedule! Susan, I don't know how you do it!

Here are a few pictures from the Tactical Strength Challenge. Thanks to Betsy for taking them while I was immersed in spreadsheet land! Click on them to see them bigger.

Todd deadlifting:

Rosanne deadlifting:

Margaret deadlifting (Mike watching):

Keith, Brian, and Eric hanging out:

No comments: