Thursday, April 2, 2009

Travel WOD: Running Uphill and Push-ups

Today's Travel WOD (made this one up myself):

run uphill 3 minutes
run back to the start
21 push-ups
run uphill 2 minutes
run back to the start
15 push-ups
run uphill 1 minute
run back to the start
9 push-ups

Total time: 12:45. That was a good one! The hill was very steep, and the push-ups were on gravel - ouch!

By the way, the WOD posted yesterday was also an April Fool's joke. I would have to be really bored to do a workout like that. I actually didn't do a WOD at all yesterday, just went for a long walk. I was hurting too bad from all those push-ups and sit-ups on Monday. On the walk I saw flock of wild turkeys, no kidding! They were really cool. I was so mad I didn't have my camera with me. So here's one I got off Wikipedia. I think I saw at least twenty, including several toms who puffed up their tail feathers to try to look tough.


more about wild turkeys

My conference is over, finished at noon. Hooray for them hosting it in such a beautiful place - I'm grateful for that - but I wind up the conference with the same thoughts I always have at the end of these things. How can people be so into their research? Is something wrong with me that I'm not? Always feel like I really don't fit in at conferences.

I don't want to end today's post on a serious note, so here are some fun links. (Warning: there are a couple of f-bombs in both, but that's partly what makes them so funny.)

AutoZone customer takes matters into his own hands after 45 minutes on hold

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles complaint

1 comment:

Margaret said...

both excellent uses of the f-bomb