Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weightlifting: Front Squats and some FO's

Yesterday's Weightlifting: Front Squats

5x4x3x2x1
53-63-73-78-83

Kind of tricky - I kept wanting to lean forward! Thanks Margaret for being strict and correcting my form.

Went for a hike today on the Switzerland trail, but I forgot my camera (as usual). It was beautiful, felt almost like summer.

Now for the promised knitting FO (finished object) pictures. This is Topi from Knitty, for a friend's 7-year-old daughter who loves hats. I hope she likes this one! It was fun to make, learned some new techniques and there was a minimum of sewing (only 1 seam). As usual with Knitty patterns, it was very well edited with plenty of explanation. This will be gifted tomorrow.


Here is Mike's latest hat. Artyarns supermerino (sock weight) in gray and a gray/black variegated. It's nice, but I don't really like the way it fits him, a little too tall for his head. So I think I'll rip out the top and reknit it with the increases starting a little sooner.

And an almost-finished object. Another kettlebell hat, this one for Margaret (a thanks for all the weightlifting help!), sans kettlebell embroidery. That's coming soon.

Steeling myself for another busy week at work. (But I should be able to breathe NEXT week.) You'll probaby get more goofy posts, possibly with Sesame Street characters.

No comments: