Thursday, March 19, 2009

Margaret's Birthday WOD

Today's WOD: Margaret's Birthday WOD

5 rounds for time of:

Deadlift 5 reps 123#
10 burpees

My time: 8:03. Way under the prescribed weight (185), but I just can't go that heavy yet with deadlift. The burpees were awful as usual. But at least it was short.

Today I have another Muppet-celebrity musical number: Johnny Cash on The Muppet Show. My favorite part is when he starts cracking up when the muppet cows start milling around during the chorus. Here he is with Miss Piggy.

Seriously, I love the Muppets so much. Who's your favorite Muppet? Kermit is and always has been my favorite. I identify with his slightly harried and frustrated manner, and I used to secretly hope he'd interview me for Sesame Street news. Here he is interviewing a girl for his "Frog on the Street" segment.

Image from The Muppet Wiki

Sorry for all the silliness this week, but I guess I'm not that sorry because there's more to come tomorrow.

3 comments:

Bluescaptain Joe said...

if you weren't silly, i don't think i'd believe we're actually related.

Jane said...

I have to take at least partial responsibility for the silliness in both my children - it is a good thing. Without it, I don't know how we would survive in this crazy world. Words of wisdom from your mother, with love.

Bluescaptain Joe said...

wow, I didn't realize that you had linked to that video! wooo!