Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Furry Happy Monsters

Today's WOD:

5 rounds for time of:
10 Hang clean thrusters 53#
30 Kettlebell snatches 12kg

My time: 19:11. The KB snatches weren't too bad, but those hang clean thrusters were tough! Glad I went a little under the prescribed weight or I would have had nothing even resembling good form.

Some random stuff in list form:
  1. I'm back from my mini-vacation (short, lots of driving). Telluride is a beautiful place. My favorite thing to do is ride the gondola back and forth over the mountain, watching the town disappear/come into view.
  2. Due to an email from someone who shall remain unnamed, I went into a dangerous youtube spiral last night - Muppet Show musical numbers with celebrity hosts, which of course spilled into some Sesame Street skits as well. This was my favorite: Furry Happy Monsters with REM. But there were so many good ones, I might post more this week.
  3. Should I buy this t-shirt? I kind of want to. Sort of.
  4. Pattern Wednesday: Since I'm going retro with the Muppets, I figured today's pattern should be kind of retro too.

    Pom pom peds from the Purl Bee. I'd go with different colors, but these are nice instant-gratification socks (no leg!).
Photo from above purlbee link.

4 comments:

mtbjune said...

I LOVE the socks, so cute :)

Jane said...

I like the monsters - think I'll play that for my angst-ridden teenagers at school. I also like the socks, although I think I'd just use them as slippers. Finally, I do think you should order the tee shirt or something else or maybe not, oh whatever.

Bluescaptain Joe said...

i had a cruddy week, and that muppets video just made it all better. thanks!

Margaret said...

buy it